Saturday 12 December 2015

Colour Theory Facecharts

Having had a session with Kat about colour theory and the colour wheel I have created three different colour theory looks on face charts below.

Anagulous and Monochromatic:





Complimentary:





In a lesson that we had with Sue we were given the opportunity to practice an anagulous, monochromatic or complimentary look on a model of our choice. At this point in time I had created both my my monochromatic and complimentary face charts but I hadn't yet done designed a look using anagulous colours, so I decided to challenge myself to come up with an anagulous look when put under pressure. I created a base using the Illamasqua white base and set it with the Illamasqua transparent powder. I then moved onto her eyes and by this point I had decided that I wanted to use greens and yellows to make up this look. I started at the inner corner of the eye using the yellow from the Kryolan Bright eye shadow palette and worked it out to the outer corner. I then took the lighter shades of green and worked them out starting from a reference point that was further from the inner corner of the eye each time. This created an ombre look on my models eyes, starting with the lighter shades at the inner corner of the eye and gradually becoming a different shade in the out corner of the eye. I was happy with the design itself but my execution wasn't perfect. I felt that I wanted to add something to this design and thought it might be effective to contour the face using colours that matched the eyes as normal colours for contour being pace on top of the white would have created a more complimentary look. I used yellows again to begin with on the cheeks, working darker shades under the cheek bones to create depth. I took various shades of green from the hairline down onto the forehead fading out and blending into the base. Finally I took the gold from the Kryolan Supra Colour palette and lined the eyes with this to add some sparkle and vibrancy. I was happy with the way that I applied these final touches as well as the over all look, I feel that I rushed the eyes as I didn't want to run out of time and have only half of my models makeup finished which left me with a lot of time.










No comments:

Post a Comment