Sunday 13 December 2015

Eye and Lip Look






During a practical with Sue we were shown how to create the perfect eye and lip look. We started by looking at eye shapes and how to assess what style of shadow is best for each eye shape. 

The products I used to create my perfect eye and lip look were: 


-Charles Fox Lipstick Palette 
-Mac Eye Shadow Pallet
-Rimmel Mascara
- MAC highlighter

Tools I used: 

-MAC medium shadow brush
-Charles Fox blending brush 
- Charles fox angled brush

After cleansing, toning and moisturising I applied a normal foundation base that I have written step by step for in a separate post on this blog. My model had almond eyes which meant that I shouldn't apply shadow above the crease of the eye but instead pull it out farther than the outer corner to flatter the shape of the eye. I started by applying a nude shade all over the lid and then the lightest shade of brown to the crease. I used a Mac eye shadow brush for this as its a preference of mine, however any eyeshadow brush will do. I then applied the darker shades of brown to the outer corner of the eye and used my blending brush to bring this out just beneath the brow bone on the outer corner. This gave a gradient effect and was flattering to the almond eye shape. I used a Rimmel volumising mascara and a disposable mascara brush to tint my models upper and lower lashes. I then applied a small amount of MAC highlighter onto the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye. 

For the lips I used a small angle brush to line to brush some vaseline onto my models lips first in order to make the lip colour application smooth and even. I used a nude colour in order to keep the focus of the final look on the eyes on not on the lips as she had quite thin lips. 


I was very happy with the way this turned out and it is definitely a look that I will be doing on myself. My model seemed very pleased with the way she looked also and even wore it home! I didn't struggle with the application and I feel that I did really well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment