Saturday 12 December 2015

Practical - Basic Elizabethan Makeup

For this practical lesson we were shown how to create a very basic Elizabethan look. This will help us to understand some of the techniques that we could use in our designs that we could alter to be more contemporary or keep as a classic element. 

The products that I used: 

-Illamasqua white base
-Charles Fox Blush Pallet
-Charles Fox Lip Pallet
-Illamasqua Translusent powder
-Charles Fox Supra Colour

The tools that I used for this look: 

-Charles Fox Small Angled Brush
-Charles Fox Kabuki brush
-Disposable Mascara wand
-Charles Fox Large Powder Brush
-Charles Fox Stippling Brush

Like any other look that I have created and any that I will create in the future I started off by undertaking the necessary health and safety precautions which you will be able to see on any other practical post on my blog. I prepped the skin with cleanser, toner, moisturiser and a matte primer and then began applying the Illamasqua white base to my model. I applied it to the face, neck and ears using a stippling rush and then buffing it out, I find that the Illamasqua base looks best on the skin as well as being easier to apply. Before I applied the Illamasqua translucent base I used the white Supra colour to white out the eyebrows. I did this using a disposable mascara wand and brushing the hair against the grain first and then smoothing them out by brushing them in the correct direction. I then powdered the face and neck having covered the brows and skin white. I applied a bright pink blush from the Charles fox blush palette to the apples of the cheeks and as well as applying a small amount of lip colour from the Charles Fox lip palette to my mode lips. finally we used the white Charles Fox Supra colour and a disposable mascara wand to colour the top and bottom lashes white. 

Once we had done this, we were allowed to play around with the look ourselves, trying out different things to see how they would turn out. I used the dark red and pink Supra colour on the brows to try and create an ombre brow. I think it looked quite effective however I don't think it is something that I will be using in my final design. I also used the supra colour on the cheeks, pivoting my brush over the blusher to make the cheeks more prominent. This did not look good at all, my model looked like the puppet form the SAW movies not like an elizabethan. 








I enjoyed this session as it gave us some inspiration as well as an opportunity to play around with our makeup kits in order to understand the effects that certain products will have when on a real person and not just a face chart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment